WATER TREATMENT SOLUTIONS AT GRASIM
About the Anchor Client
Grasim Industries Limited is the flagship company of the Aditya Birla Group. Today, it is a leading global player in VSF and the largest chemicals (Chlor-Alkali-s) player in India.
- Pollutants in Water during Manufacturing
- Lack of Cost Effective Waste Treatment
About the Startup
Focus: Waste treatment and bio-methane production through Anaerobic Digestion (AD) process
- Conducted Treatability Study and Pilot Scaling of Technology for Grasim’s VSF Plant Effluent.
- Lab-Scale data suggests Anaerobic treatment to be an effective solution for VSF Effluent Treatment – COD and BOD, Sulphate and Zinc reduction from viscose wastewater.
- Showed that the Anaerobic Treatment will reduce load on Aeration units.
- Around 40% reduction in effluent treatment plant footprint with 70% energy savings.
“Grasim has always been on the forefront of environmental sustainability. The industry that we are working in discharges a lot of pollutants after the process. Through Yes Scale Program, we were put in touch with Revy and we gave our samples to them. The initial results were encouraging. They have then developed a solution for us for which we are waiting for the final results. We are pretty excited because of the efforts taken by Yes Scale and Revy for the co-ordination of the work,”
– Shirin Sancheti,
Finance Dept., Under CFO, Grasim