ENSURING QUALITY PRODUCE AT BIGBASKET
About the Anchor Client
BigBasket.com is India’s largest online food and grocery store. Over 18,000 products offered in various brands to customers in different cities.
- Invasive Quality Testing of Fruits and Vegetables
- Aesthetics Ruined while Testing
- Manual Intervention
- Time Consuming
Non-Invasive Quality Testing using Infrared spectroscopy devices
- Conducted non-destructive analysis of fruits to assess sweetness, sourness, ripeness and shelf life
- Up to 12 hours accuracy model developed for assessing the shelf life & ripening period while working with Sapota and Grapes.
Image analytics and machine learning algorithms
- Utilized Machine learning to detect cracks & water level in coconuts using X Ray to establish 90% confidence level in water content
- Non-intrusive analysis of sweetness in fruits by testing the sugar content of apples upto an accuracy of 95%.
“We started working intensively with these two startups. We did a lot of trials in the warehouses and there was a lot of improvements in the prototypes which they had developed. We worked together to build a product which BigBasket could use for the warehouses across the country. I would like to thank Yes Scale and Villgro for their huge effort since the starting of the program and I hope that we work together in the future also”
– Navin Kumar,
Senior Manager, BigBasket